May 2015 to January 2016
- Plan, oversee, and assist in the execution of creative projects for clients and the company.
- Assess current office workflow, and initiate innovative solutions to administrative issues to save time, increase profitability, and increase quality of work.
- Represent the company at events and meetings with new and existing clients.
June 2014 to May 2015
Programming, Scheduling, and Development For Animal Planet – Intern
- Collaborate with Development Team to review and select new programs to proceed in the green light approval process.
- Support Scheduling and Programming Team in assembling and reviewing quarterly schedules.
- Prepare treatments and presentations to be shown to Development Team.
June 2014 to September 2014
Digital Media – Intern
- Editing of long form story content to be published on Discovery.com for the popular series Gold Rush.
- Assisted in the creation of a digital experience and technology budget for the event, Sky Scraper Live.
- Formulating spreadsheets outlining upcoming content for the next quarter for internal reference.
- Recording and editing content for internal videos explaining how to use the Fusion CMS utilized by many Discovery Communications websites.
January 2013 to May 2013
Broadcast Operations – Intern
- Produced spreadsheets outlining the current and future locations of equipment with the NBC Universal broadcast operations facility.
- Constructed digital floor plans of current broadcast operations facility.
- Identified and labeled equipment in reference to appropriate documentation in an effort to make repairs and new installation of broadcast operations equipment easier.
January 2013 to December 2013
Digital Media – Producer
- Leading in the production and editing of promotional videos for company and client products.
- Creating company and client websites, using a combination of WordPress and custom coded features.
- Representing PriMedia at trade conventions and industry events.
- Executing Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing projects outlined by PriMedia’s web presence optimization team.
September 2011 to May 2015
Web Designer and Manager
- Create and maintain assigned university websites, specifically scoinrome.org, hofstratelevison.com, and foryourisland.com.
December 2013 to May 2015
Producer of Front Row Entertainment Television Program
- Constructed the show concept, managed all aspects of production including scheduling all production meetings and shoots, coordinating with talent and crew, developing the budget, script, and production book, and overseeing the editing process.
October 2013 to February 2015
Producer of V-Day Hofstra University
- Developed, and oversaw all the logistical and administrative elements required for the production, of Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues, as well as A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer in addition to all other associated fundraisers within Hofstra University and the local community.
- Raised $9000 for the Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
October 2014 to May 2015
Chapter Founder and Leader – REACT To Film Hofstra University
- The purpose of this chapter of React to Film is to inspire young people to engage in the real issues of today through film. As a part of React to Film’s greater College Action Network, our goal is to use the best of today’s documentary filmmaking to promote social responsibility and civic engagement.
- As the Chapter Leader I would organize and lead screening events and supporting activities will be held throughout the year. There, all participants will be given the opportunity to learn more about important social and civic issues, discuss what they have learned, and be provided with outlets to be able to further engage with other students, and make a difference.
September 2012 to December 2014
- Aiding the professor in the instruction of Web Television class specifically working closely with students to resolve technical issues and better understand web development concepts.
- Working with the professor in the instruction of the Introductory Editing course, specifically assisting students in the development of projects and resolving technical issues as they move through the post-production process.
2012 Presidential Debate Media Production Assistant For Fox News Network
- Aided in pre-production and production activities including, but not limited to, hand-held camera assist, workspace preparation, and escorting talent.
September 2012 to May 2014
Set Coordinator for Thursday Nite Live Television Program
- Designed, acquired materials, and lead a team in the construction of all sets for all live productions.
January 2011 to May 2015
Independent Package Producer for Thursday Nite Live Television Program
- Responsible for the development, coordination, production and editing of individual packages.
June 2007 to December 2012
Surprenant and Beneski P.C.
- Orchestrate general administrative tasks such as filing, scanning, and drafting basic documents.
Web Applications/Coding Languages
Social Media Fluency
Jenna is by far one of the most enthusiastic, intelligent, and forward-thinking people I have ever met! Jenna was my independent study advisee for a code-writing, webdesign, and future of television course. Her work was exemplary and quite possibly the best I have ever seen. I continually use Jenna’s work as an example for all my current (and future) classes. She is a talented asset and talent in any role.”
– James Cohen, Full-Time Instructor and Program Director – New Media at Molloy College
“Jenna’s exuberance and passion for creating something special in the digital world arrived with her on day one…and continued to flourish throughout her time here…. Jenna became a truly valued member of our team, delving into projects big and small, with one purpose in mind – – to further enhance our products and services by bringing them to life for our customers.”
– Pam Cahill, Office Manager – PriMedia, Inc.
“In all aspects of her employment, Jenna was conscientious and hard-working. She formed strong relationships with other staff members, always being courteous and professional. Because she formed such good relationships, she was easily able to share her new ideas with my staff and brainstorm in order to make our systems better. Jenna will not simply show up to work to perform a task. She will evaluate if there is a way to perform that task better.”
– Daniel M. Surprenant, Owner – Surprenant & Beneski, P.C